Ryan removed turrets due to bug that would keep teleporting player back to one check point. Placed wall so players won’t go backwards in one level. Built a diagram in a level to help player figure out puzzle. Add walls around level.
Nick fixed teleport/respawn code so that a pushable block won’t make players respawn when block hit trigger itself. Also placed a platform to catch the pushable blue blocks so they don’t fall forever. Play tested a bit.
Seth tried writing rotation code. Further update to current level. Continue to play test with Nick. Fixed some collision problems found the night before.
Nick Day Five:
While at work realized what may be the reason of my scripting error. When got home checked my code. I was correct. I made a small mistake that made the trigger skip over the line about the player teleporting. Cause of this the trigger would end up teleporting itself and upon a simple change in script had my code running. I then started creating the GUI using some tutorial videos I found that were really helpful on youtube. I made a new scene placed in some simple primitives to make up menu and the background. Then I placed in the 3rd person controller that comes with Unity then removing the player control and camera controls from the 3rd person object so that it would just displace a running character. Then made 3D text and added a box collider to the text I wanted to be clickable. I created a code that would change the color of the text when you scrolled over it with mouse and would either load level or quit upon clicking. I placed this GUI and a screen shot then into our dropbox for Ryan to add to our game.
Ryan Day Five:
On this day I put all the scripts onto the objects that needed them. Whatever needed to be moved in order for the player to advance during the game. Next I received the scripts from my other team members and implemented them. I created blocks and attached scripts to them that would warp the player to other parts of the level. This was giving me trouble here and there. For example the player would get transported to the wrong warp zones. I solved this by deleting the faulty ones and creating new ones it there place. Finally I put death/relocate triggers throughout the level in case the player falls off the level.
Seth Day Four:
Play test our levels to make sure beatable. They are horribly difficult.
Nick Day Four:
Found more scripts on Unity forums and from older projects that may help our project and placed them in dropbox. Met with Ryan before class to work on our project. Seth didn’t make it due to medical reasons but uploaded his entire part of project for us to dropbox. I finished building my level and after talking with Ryan was able to fix the flip flopping pushable boxes using constraints. I placed my level into dropbox so that Ryan can place my room into his scene for the final steps of the project. Met as group with Seth after class. We talked about the last bit of info. We decided Ryan would finish combining levels, Seth and I would try get teleporting working, and I would work on a GUI for our game. When got home worked on teleporting script. Started with some code I found on the forums and shared with Seth. Ran into weird problem when I implemented code. The trigger would teleport to the respawn point not the player in which the code was intended to. I decided to call it a night due to how late it was and would pick up on it tomorrow after work. But just before going to bed got text from Seth letting me know that he got the teleporting code to work.
Ryan Day Four:
Day Four: On this day I completed my level and put everything that was needed in its place.
Nick Day Three:
Rebuilt most of level today. Ryan notified us that he had placed code for pushable objects in the dropbox folder Seth created for this project and I started implementing it in. Code however lets the blocks flip and flop but built my level however is still able to work the same with this unexpected flip flopping. Uploaded two screen shots to dropbox as well as some scripts on Unity forums and from older projects I found that may help our project. We as a group on face book talked and decided the what changes were needed to be made to the character controls.
Seth Day Three:
Found few jumps couldn’t get to cause of being to far away so fixed them in Unity. Started working on Respawn script. Place a folder in dropbox for group to work on the one file so that it may be submitted for class.
Ryan Day Three:
Next I started to finish out the first half of the level. I built the first elevated platform that the player would have to get to. The next thing I did was script out code that allowed for triggers to move blocks that the player can move onto to advance.
Seth Day Two:
Continued to build level. Ran into some trouble with importing some addition objects from maya into unity. However found tutorial that helped me get around this problem. Then finished level and uploaded screen shot of level to dropbox for group.